Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week 1-1

Thoughts on the 10 flatteners of Friedman - Are we living in a flat world?

Wow, or should I say, “whoa”. Friedman has broken down all the reasons he claims the world is flat in 10 simple and easy to understand reasons. Technically speaking, no, we don’t live in a flat world. However technology, collaboration and globalization create a sense of flat because there seems to be no boundaries.

I have a degree in business administration, to say I heard wal-mart used as an example would be an understatement. They are truly a well oil machine in the operations department. My personal favorite is the in-sourcing. We don’t talk about in-sourcing that often and to use UPS as an example was excellent. In fact I had no idea they offered this type of business.

We are living in a flat world when society functions the way it doesn’t today, working from home, regularly communicating with people from across the world and advancing educational possibilities. I’m personally excited and agree with Friedman; it will all start with educating the future to make the right positive and creative decisions.

1 Comments:

At July 25, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Blogger passionateteach said...

I think that UPS is cool too. I never knew this type of service existed but how savvy is that!? Try to include links where you can in your blogs to help enhance them and allow for any citing of thoughts and examples.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home